Startup Open 2017
- All applications must be submitted in English.
- Applications will be accepted from 03 April 2017, until 30 September 2017.
- Applications will only be accepted online through the Startup Compete platform or through an officially approved Global/National Competition.
- It is not required that a startup be incorporated, but a company cannot be incorporated over 18 months to compete.
- You must be starting a for-profit company, or a non-profit that does not rely on grants.
- Your startup must be pre-money, no venture funding, at time of application
- YES Stand-up phase when individuals or groups are equipped with the entrepreneurial attitudes and skills to attempt the creation of new company.
- YES Start-up phase when resources are mobilized and regulatory requirements fulfilled to start a new company.
- NO Scale-up phase when successful companies expand their businesses to new markets or in innovative ways.
- NO Exit phase when a business owner or an investor decides to cash out an investment made in the past through trade sale or merger with a larger player in the industry (merger and acquisitions), secondary sales to third parties or initial public offerings (IPOs).
The winners will be selected by a panel of judges who are looking at a range of criteria including growth potential, passion, creativity, level of idea development, and their pitching skills. Each judge’s score is weighed equally.
One winner of Startup Open receive a trip for one (1) founder to Istanbul, Turkey (room accommodation, flight and meals) where they will receive VIP delegate credentials to the Global Entrepreneurship Congress in April 2018. In addition to the Grand Prize GEC experience, all 10 finalists gain a spot in the exclusive GEN Starters Club, with additional chances there to travel to Istanbul for GEC 2018. Learn more at http://startupopen.co/prizes.
All Finalists will also compete in a public voting round during Global Entrepreneurship Week (Nov. 13-19) for the 2017 GEW People’s Choice Prize.
Applicants will have until September 30 to submit their startup.
For more information on the application process and the competition, please visit www.startupopen.co.